[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Pictures

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:15 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures

The latest Sony related news and industry news as well.

Moderator: jttar

by SONYESP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 am

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11

IT---Cary Fukunaga (TRUE DETECTIVE) is the writer/director of the Warner Bros. movie based on the Stephen King novel. The 1990 miniseries based on the novel starred Richard Thomas, John Ritter, Tim Curry, Harry Anderson, Annette O'Toole and Seth Green.

TERMINATOR: GENESIS---the top two candidates to play Kyle Reese are Jai Courtney (A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD) and Boyd Holbrook (HATFIELDS & McCOYS). The role is for at least two movies which "end the story of Skynet's battle with the resistance".

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN---a source, who said a friend was fired from the sequel's art department, claimed the plot involves:

• The villains are Lex Luthor and Metallo
• Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
• Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
• Wonder Woman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
• Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
• Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
• The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
• Lois is investigating Lex.

ROBOCOP---Michael Miner, co-writer of the original movie said about the remake, "Can I give a message to all the hardcore fans? Please put down your rocks and spears. I've seen the film. It's really great." When asked if he would like to write for any future RoboCop projects, he replied, "In a millisecond. I would love to return to it. Ed and I had RoboCop rules. RoboCop can't be on the telephone. He can't kiss the girl. He can't fly. I think they did all three of those in "2" and "3." I think we have a lot more we could say about the future vis a vis cybernetics and the human machine interface. Don't tell my agent, but I would pay MGM to work on the sequel!"

MOB CITY---TNT canceled the Frank Darabont noir cop series due to low ratings. TNT is developing a new cop series titled PUBLIC MORALS starring Ed Burns (SAVING PRIVATE RYAN) and Katrina Bowden (30 ROCK).

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.---photo released of Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif in a future episode.

THE FLASH---the CW spin-off series pilot added Tom Cavanagh (ED) who will play Star Labs CEO Harrison Wells.

THE INTERN---Anne Hathaway is in talks to co-star with Robert De Niro in this comedy movie about a successful female executive who hires an elderly man as her intern.

A TEACHER---HBO series underway based on the movie about a high school teacher in her 20s who is having an affair with a male student.

NERVE---movie underway based on the novel about a young woman who is teamed up with a handsome man in an online game that turns deadly.

RABBIDS---movie underway from Sony Pictures and Ubisoft based on the popular video game.

CHRISTMAS---untitled comedy Christmas movie underway starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen in which childhood friends meet in New York for their annual Christmas Eve reunion.

YOUNG SANTA---movie underway based on the L. Frank Baum (THE WIZARD OF OZ) novel THE LIFE AND ADVENTURES OF SANTA CLAUS.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:26 am

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 12

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES---spoiler alert (see below).

THIRTEEN HOURS---Paramount Pictures is negotiating for the movie rights to the upcoming book THIRTEEN HOURS: A FIRSTHAND ACCOUNT OF WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN BENGHAZI which is about the terrorist attack on the US Special Mission Compound/CIA Annex in Benghazi, Libya which led to the death of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other US personnel. The script will be written by Chuck Hogan (PRINCE OF THIEVES, THE STRAIN).

GOTHAM---new cast members for the Fox series about the younger days of Police Commissioner Gordon include: Donal Logue (SONS OF ANARCHY) as policeman Harvey Bullock, Robin Lord Taylor (THE WALKING DEAD) as The Penguin, Sean Pertwee (DOG SOLDIERS, son of DOCTOR WHO Jon Pertwee) as Alfred the butler, Zabryna Guevara (BURN NOTICE) as Police Capt. Essen and Erin Richards (BEING HUMAN) as Gordon's fiancee Barbara Kean.

FLASH---John Wesley Shipp, who starred in the original 1991 THE FLASH series, has joined the cast in an undisclosed recurring role.

NOTTINGHAM---new BBC America series underway in which Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham are the same man. After the Sheriff's wife is killed by King John's men, he becomes Robin Hood, who seeks revenge against King John by attacking his kingdom, stealing from the wealthy and giving the loot to the poor.

24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY---Michelle Fairley (GAME OF THRONES) replaced Judy Davis in the villain role of the widow of a deadly terrorist. Davis left the Fox miniseries for personal reasons.

I AM LEGEND 2---writer Akiva Goldsman said the sequel is dead and commented, "Oh we tried. There were scripts. We really tried… We wrote a prequel a sequel. We had a really interesting prequel, which was the first outbreak of the virus, during a Thanksgiving Day parade, which was awesome. We did a really interesting prequel that later. Which was right after the first… Really right when the population of of humans became pretty decimated. And it was this sort of trek to Washington. Which included a dark seeker elephant that had broken out of the zoo."

IRON MAN---Ben Kingsley commented on if The Mandarin will return in a Marvel movie, “I honestly don’t know. I know keen to seeing how this film goes. They were all there at the screening that they kindly invited me to — all the guys, they love it. I honestly don’t know. Trevor is so unpredictable anyway, I can’t answer for him! He’s mad — he’s probably lying in a pool of blood and Guinness somewhere.”

HOW I MET YOUR DAD---Greta Gerwig has landed the read role in the spin-off pilot.

THE BRINK---new HBO sitcom underway starring Jack Black and Tim Robbins about a Foreign Service officer, the Secretary of State and a Navy ace during a geopolitical crisis.

EYE CANDY---new MTV series based on the novel starring Victoria justice as a tech genius who suspects her online boyfriend may be a cyber stalker and serial killer.

THE LOTTERY---new Lifetime series set in the future when women can no longer bear children. A national lottery will pick the surrogates for 100 fertilized embryos.

INSURGENT---the DIVERGENT sequel will be directed by Robert Schwentke (RED).

JINGLE ALL THE WAY 2---20th Century Fox/WWE Studios sequel underway to the Arnold Schwarzenegger Christmas movie. MARINE 4 is also underway.

THE SHUDDERING---January Jones stars in this horror movie as a woman who returns to her hometown where she had horrific visions.

MEADOWLAND---movie underway starring Olivia Wilde as woman whose son disappeared and then begins a relationship with a neglected boy which leads to an strange twist.

JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER---untitled biomovie underway based on the biography TITAN: THE LIFE OF JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER. The script is by Craig Borten (DALLAS BUYERS CLUB). Lasse Hallstrom is the director.
DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES---Gary Oldman commented on his character in the sequel,
"He's the sort of designated leader...of this community of those that were lucky enough to survive the simian flu, the disease, and then the ensuing social uprising from it....So they're sort of survivors, and he was a police officer, so he's more of the kind of elected leader of this (group). And they need power and there's a power station and some of my people go out to see if it's operational, if it's still out there, and then they discover that there's a whole community of apes living there. We believed they were all completely fire-bombed and wiped out...He's experienced a great loss, personally, and there's only one answer for him and that's to wipe them out. I see him as a sort of the hero of the piece."

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 am

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS---Season 6, the last season, will premiere on Netflix on March 7. The season will include "some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed. An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker's closest relationship is tested to its limits and what Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy. Fans will not only be able to watch the thrilling finale, they'll be able to see more of THE CLONE WARS than ever before as Netflix will also stream the director's cut of seasons 1 – 5."

BLACK WIDOW---Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige said Scarlet Johansson's Black Widow will have a "very big" role in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, "We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film." He hinted that she might get her own stand-alone movie, "The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."

SHARKNADO 2---new cast members for the Syfy sequel include Vivica A. Fox (INDEPENDENCE DAY), Judd Hirsch (INDEPENDENCE DAY, TAXI), Andy Dick (NEWSRADIO) , Judah Friedlander (30 ROCK), Mark McGrath (EXTRA) and Kelly Osbourne (THE OSBOURNES). Fox will play a friend of Ian Ziering, Hirsch will play a taxi driver and Dick plays a cop.

EVEREST---photo released from the movie about two competing expeditions who are attempting to climb Mount Everest. Jason Clarke (ZERO DARK THIRTY), Josh Brolin (MEN IN BLACK 3), John Hawkes (LINCOLN) and Jake Gyllenhaal (ZODIAC) star.

KNIGHT RIDER---movie underway based on the David Hasselhoff tv series with Chris Pratt (ZERO DARK THIRTY) and Danny McBride (PINEAPPLE EXPRESS) in negotiations to star.

UTOPIA---new HBO series from director/producer David Fincher and writer Gillian Flynn based on the British series about fans of an underground comic book who discover a secret sequel and a conspiracy.

THE 100---new CW sci fi series set 97 years after a nuclear holocaust in which 100 juvenile prisoners in space are sent back to Earth to determine if it's habitable. Premiere is March 19.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH---new Fox sitcom starring Will Forte as the last man on Earth who meets a stranger and work together to continue mankind.

SECRETS & LIES---Juliette Lewis will play a detective in this ABC remake of the Australian series in which a man, played by Ryan Phillippe, discovers the body of a dead boy and becomes the top suspect in his murder.

PIONEER---Sony Pictures and George Clooney are negotiating for a US remake of the Norwegian movie about two brothers/professional divers who attempt to dive 500 meters to the bottom of the sea to help lay oil pipelines which leads to death.

SHADOW RUN---thriller movie underway at Sony Pictures in which a deadly virus attack on the US leads a CIA agent to execute a prisoner exchange with Russia involving the top Russian spy for a US scientist who can develop a cure for the virus.

ZIPPER---drama movie underway about a successful family man who could lose everything because of his insatiable appetite for women. Patrick Wilson, Lena Headey and Richard Dreyfuss star.

JENNY'S WEDDING---Katherine Heigl is attempting to raise $150,000 to finish her movie about a woman who shocks her conservative parents by announcing she's marrying a woman.

CYCLOPS---Marvel Comics announced Cyclops will get his own comic book in May.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 am

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14

JODOROWSKY'S DUNE---Sony Pictures theatrical documentary about cult director Alejandro Jodorowsky's unsuccessful attempt to film the classic Frank Herbert sci fi novel that would have starred Orson Welles, Mick Jagger, David Carradine, Salvador Dali and Jodorowsky's 12-year-old son. The score would be by Pink Floyd, and HR Giger (ALIEN) would design the creatures. Premiere is March 21.

Trailer link: http://movies.yahoo.com/video/jodorowskys-dune-trailer-202028118.html

BEETLEJUICE 2---Michael Keaton confirmed he's in talks with Tim Burton to appear in the sequel, "I've emailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff until relatively recently. I always said that [BEETLEJUICE:be5ea74f] is the one thing I'd like to do again, if I ever did anything again. But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another. Now it looks like he is involved. And without giving too much away, we've talked to each other, and emailed each other, and if he's in, it's going to be hard not to be in."

THE PARSIFAL MOSAIC---Zhang Yimou (RAISE THE RED LANTERN) is in negotiations to direct the Universal Pictures movie based on the Robert Ludlum novel.

OCULUS---poster released for the horror movie starring Karen Gillan (DOCTOR WHO) and Katee Sackhoff (BATTLESTAR GALACTICA) in which a young woman seeks to prove her brother didn't murder their parents. She thinks a supernatural force in an antique mirror in their home was responsible for the murders and many others.

FIREFLY---producer/writer Tim Minear said a resurrection of the Joss Whedon sci fi series is possible, but not likely,

"I'm completely talking off the top of my head, but there's a show that's been on for the last couple years that's reinvented the form in terms of the limited series. I'm trying to think of the name of that show — Oh yes! American Horror Story!
  It doesn't have to be 13 episodes. Look how Sherlock does it... I think a limited series of some kind would work best. Something like that could also work if, say, 20th could partner with Netflix, or another distributor.
  It would have its home on Fox, of course . A limited series would do very well, I bet."

Minear said the cast and crew have other commitments which would make the new series very difficult.

CW---the network renewed ARROW, REIGN, THE ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL and THE VAMPIRE DIARIES.

AD INEXPLORATA---Mark Strong (TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY) stars in this movie as a lone NASA astronaut on a one-way mission to Mars. Sanaa Lathan (AVP: ALIEN VS. PREDATOR) co-stars.

LAW& ORDER: SVU---Alec Baldwin will guest star in a March episode which will be directed by Mariska Hargitay in her first director's stint.

BALLERS---new HBO sitcom about a group of current and former NFL football players starring Dwayne Johnson. Mark Wahlberg is co-producer.

DROP DEAD DIVA---Lifetime canceled the series for the second time after resurrecting it after an earlier cancellation.

THE VEIL---Thomas Jane stars in this horror movie about a woman, the sole survivor of a religious cult's mass suicide 30 years before, returns to the site with a documentary crew and discovers the horrible truth.

VISIONS---horror movie starring Isla Fisher and Eva Longoria in which a pregnant woman has visions of a malevolent hooded figure.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 am

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17

THE WALKING DEAD---spoiler alert (see below).

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN---Gal Gadot released a photo showing her new muscles in bulking up for her Wonder Woman role in the sequel. The photo caption said, "There's nothing like a good workout in the morning. Love it! You?" She said her training includes, "KungFu, kickboxing, swords, jiujutsu, and Brazilian."

GRACEPOINT---first photo from the Fox 10-part miniseries based on the British miniseries BROADCHURCH. David Tennant (DOCTOR WHO) and Anna Gunn (BREAKING BAD) star as two police detectives who investigate the murder of a boy in a small town. Nick Nolte also stars.

THEODORE ROOSEVELT---Leonardo DiCaprio is hoping to star in and produce a long-gestating biomovie based on the biography THE RISE OF THEODORE ROOSEVELT. A source said, "Leo is telling friends that after his latest movie proved to be a massive box office hit, he's pushing forward with his biopic of Roosevelt which will re-team him with THE WOLF OF WALL STREET director Martin Scorsese. He says it's 'now or never' as he's patiently waited almost a decade for the money to materialize." DiCaprio is also developing a biomovie about President Woodrow Wilson.

STAR WARS REBELS---art released showing a new character, Ezra, who is an orphaned con artist with special powers who helps the Rebel Alliance resist the Imperial Forces on his home planet of Lothal. Ezra's mentor is Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus (Freddie Prinze, Jr.).

THE GOLDEN LADY---Helen Mirren is in talks to star in this movie about Maria Altmann a Jewish refugee who successfully sued Austria in order to return $150 million in art treasures stolen from her family by the Nazis in World War II.

TRACY AND HEPBURN---movie underway about the love affair between Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn which lasted from 1942 when they met while filming WOMAN OF THE YEAR until Tracy's death in 1967 shortly after they filmed GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER.
THE WALKING DEAD---Michael Cudlitz (SOUTHLAND, BAND OF BROTHERS) commented on Abraham, Rosita and Eugene, who in the comic book, lied about not knowing the origins of the zombie plague, as they head to Washington, DC, "By the next episode, you'll get all the answers to where they're going and why. You know they're headed for Washington but the audience will learn all that in the next episode as to where they're going, why they think they're going there, what information Eugene has and that Abraham and Rosita believe him. There is no subtlety in it. It's this wonderful expositional moment that's literally ripped out of the comics where you meet these people, learn who they are as individuals and what they need from anyone else -- and you better f---ing be on board, because you don't have a choice!"
Also, Gareth, a new character who is not in the comic book, will appear in the backhalf of the season. Gareth (Andrew J. West) is described as being "a remix of an unidentified character from the comics." Showrunner Scott Gimple said comic book villain Negan will not be in the series for now.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dragon53 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:17 am

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY---new photo released. Premiere is August 1.

SEX TAPE---first photo released from the comedy movie starring Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel as a married couple trying to find their missing sex tape.

GOTHAM---Donal Logue (SONS OF ANARCHY) commented on his cop character, who is the partner of Detective James Gordon, "There’s kind of an ambiguous line between good and bad. We have to let certain bad guys do certain things, in order for the greater good, for this machine to keep working. And then someone comes in who’s like 'No, I have a much more black and white view, I’m not into this notion of moral relativism. There’s right and there’s wrong.'....And what is law? Is law this platonic form of truth that floats in space that is fixed, or is it something that’s this arbitrary thing where it’s like “the law is me and you, right now, in this car. Whatever we determine, that’s the law.” And that’s the kind of thing that will be a conflict in this show."

AVATAR---James Cameron commented on the three sequels, "You'll see new worlds, new habitats, new cultures. The primary conflict between the human view kind of dominating nature and the Na'vi view of being integrated into nature is the same, but it manifests itself in very different ways."

THE VEIL---Jessica Alba will co-star with Thomas Jane in this horror movie about the sole survivor of a cult's mass suicide and a documentary crew who discover the horrible secret behind the suicides.

GOAL OF THE DEAD---poster released for the French horror movie in which a David vs. Goliath soccer match pits the team from the local fishing village, which is near a nuclear power plant, versus the championship team from Paris---until a zombie plague strikes.

THE VIEW---Barbara Walters, 84, in response to comments by Jenny McCarthy and Whoopi Goldberg, revealed the name of her vibrator, "You know what it's called? A selfie!"

NAKED DATING---new VH1 reality dating series in which a man and a woman date naked suitors every episode. VH1 Vice President Susan Levinson said about the series, "At first, this seems like a show that’s all about a noisy, provocative hook -- and we embrace that. But when you go deeper, it’s really about something that we can all relate to -- the search for true love. It’s also a series with heart and masterful storytelling -- both earmarks of an engaging, must-watch show.”

MR. JONES---horror movie about a young couple who vacation at a remote cabin as their bizarre neighbor, Mr. Jones, only comes out at night to drag his mysterious sculptures into the woods.
dragon53
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by SONYESP » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:28 am

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19

GODZILLA: THE JAPANESE ORIGINAL---remastered edition of the original Japanese movie version will be released to celebrate Godzilla's 60th anniversary. National premiere is April 18.

INDIANA JONES 5---the planning office for England's Pinewood Studios has a reservation for "Indiana Jones 5" to start filming before the end of 2014. However, a source said, "work on that has been mooted as a possible job as part of those long-term contracts. It's very much being described as a 'possible lead in to another Indy', but nothing more than that... Just because space has been booked well in advance doesn't mean that the film will happen of course."
Also, for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII, which will film at Pinewood Studios, Jack Reynor (TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION) has reportedly joined the cast in an undisclosed role.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK---Kurt Russell commented on the remake trilogy by producer Joel Silver (DIE HARD, LETHAL WEAPON, PREDATOR), "There's nothing wrong with the concept of doing something. I just think that my only thing about that is, when I think of remakes — and I've done remakes that I didn't think should have been done — I only think remakes make sense if you take an idea that was flawed, a script that was flawed, perhaps they didn't have enough money to make it correctly, maybe a character or two was not particularly well-played or could be fixed. If it had a problem that you'd say, 'God, if you just do that, that's a great movie,' or, 'If that movie had so-and-so in it, it could be great! Imagine that with so-and-so in it. Imagine that done this way.' Then that to me makes perfect sense as to why they would do a remake."
He said about returning as Snake Plissken in the remakes, "He's a great character. But no, I'm too old. Snake's a man in his prime. He's an American man absolutely in his prime. He's a really good character."

AIR---sci fi movie from producer Robert Kirkman (THE WALKING DEAD) in which most of Earth's atmosphere has been destroyed by nuclear fallout.Two caretakers of the only remaining liveable atmosphere are revived after being cryogenically frozen in an underground bunker. Norman Reedus (THE WALKING DEAD) and Djimon Hounsou (GLADIATOR) star.

GOTHAM---Jada Pinkett Smith, wife of Will Smith, joins the Fox series cast as Fish Mooney, sadistic mob leader, nightclub owner and boss of Oswald Cobblepot, The Penguin.

ENTOURAGE---Haley Joel Osment (THE SIXTH SENSE) has joined the movie cast which is set six months after the HBO series ended.

LINDSAY---eight-part documentary on the trials and tribulations of Lindsay Lohan will premiere on March 9 on the OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.

SHOWTIME---Showtime renewed SHAMELESS and HOUSE OF LIES. HBO renewed GETTING ON.

CSI---CBS spin-off pilot underway about Avery Ryan, head of the FBI's Cyber Crime Division in Quantico, Virginia.

SELFIE---ABC sitcom pilot starring Karen Gillan (DOCTOR WHO) as a social-networking, narcissist who must cope after a humiliating romantic breakup.

MONSTER TRUCKS---live action/CGI movie underway with Jane Levy (EVIL DEAD) and Lucas Till (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS) being the candidates to star. The script is from the KUNG FU PANDA team, and Chris Wedge (ICE AGE) is the director.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:14 am

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20

THE FANTASTIC FOUR---20th Century Fox announced the cast for the reboot movie: Miles Teller (Mr. Fantastic), Kate Mara (Invisible Girl), Michael B. Jordan (Human Torch) and Jamie Bell (The Thing).

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2---Sony Pictures released a photo of Dean DeHaan as Green Goblin.

SHARKNADO 2: THE NEXT ONE---photo released of Ian Ziering and Judd Hirsch standing on a taxi while filming the Syfy sequel in Times Square in which a freak weather system unleashes a Sharknado on New York.

SPECTRAL---James Badge Dale (IRON MAN 3, WORLD WAR Z, THE PACIFIC) is in talks to star in this movie about a special ops team that battles ghosts who have invaded Manhattan. The movie is intended to be a franchise.

TERMINATOR: GENESIS---Jai Courtney (A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD) will play Kyle Reese. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke and Emilia Clarke also star.

GODS OF EGYPT---Elodie Yung (GI JOE: RETALIATION) will play Hathor, the Egyptian goddess of joy and motherhood in this movie about a mortal Egyptian who battles the god of darkness. Gerard Butler and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau also star.

LIFE---movie underway about the friendship between James Dean and photojournalist Dennis Stock underway starring Dean DeHaan, Roger Pattinson, Ben Kingsley and Alessandra Mastronardi.

HAPPY CAMP---found footage horror movie set in a remote California mountain town where four friends plan a film on the mysterious disappearances of over 600 people including the brother of one of the filmmakers. Drew Barrymore is the executive producer.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:24 am

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII---latest update rumors.

A source said, "...we understand that one of the roles available is Princess Leia - or at least that's what one or two of those auditioning are being told.
Carrie Fisher is pretty certain to reprise the role of Leia in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII, so it may be that a younger version of the character is being cast for a flashback sequence, or perhaps as a daughter of Han and Leia. Obviously, we're speculating there, and it may just be that what those auditioning are being told is a smokescreen of sort. We'll find out in due course."

Tom Hiddleston (THOR) commented on rumors that he has auditioned for the movie, "Well, that hasn’t happened yet. It’d be very flattering, of course. I did talk to Ewan about it once. When they asked if he wanted to be Obi-Wan Kenobi he said: "Are you joking? Of course!" But his experience didn’t live up to the promise. Besides, I imagine they’re looking for people who don’t have an association elsewhere. The audience need to believe in the character, rather than saying, "Oh look, Loki with a lightsaber!"’

Another source said, "...we now understand that work is afoot on building a full scale Millennium Falcon there. Furthermore, model makers are also building lightsaber hilts. This would tie into reports that the emphasis is going to be on practical, rather than computer effects wherever possible with future Star Wars films. Also, we now understand that model makers on the STAR WARS: EPISODE VII project are being recruited on up to seven year contracts, which cover three sequels and three spin-offs."

GODZILLA---new poster shows a special ops team parachuting into a city being destroyed by Godzilla. Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Olson, Ken Watanabe, Juliette Binoche and David Strathairn star. Premiere is May 16.

THE RAID---Chris and Liam Hemsworth are candidates to star in the US remake of the hit Indonesian movie. Patrick Hughes (THE EXPENDABLES 3) is the remake director.

BRILLIANCE---Will Smith is in talks to star in this movie based on the novel. The plot involves the Brilliants, 1% of the world's population born since 1980 who have special powers. Brilliant Federal agent Nick Cooper uses his powers to pursue deadly terrorists, one of whom is a Brilliant. The script is by David Koepp (JURASSIC PARK).

THE LIBRARIANS---TNT series underway based on the Noah Wylie THE LIBRARIAN tv movies. Wylie will star in the first episode and then return as a guest star. Dean Devlin (INDEPENDENCE DAY) returns as executive producer.

THE VISITORS---new ABC/Steven Spielberg sci fi pilot in which a man wakes up in a Washington, DC alley with amnesia and teams up with a Department of Defense investigator to battle a secret alien invasion which has targeted Earth's children. Milo Ventimiglia (HEROES) and Barry Sloane (REVENGE) star.

THE 36---new A&E series about the Righteous 36, 36 people worldwide with special powers to battle the Nephilim who are fallen angels seeking to destroy mankind.

SUPERNATURAL: TRIBES---the CW spin-off series stars Nathaniel Buzolic (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES) and Lucien Laviscount (CORONATION STREET) as a shapeshifter who teams up with a police cadet to battle the two warring monster families that secretly rule Chicago.

WARRIORS---new ABC medical drama starring Morena Baccarin (HOMELAND) based on the medical staff of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and wounded veterans returning from Afghanistan.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST---Nicholas Hoult commented on playing Beast, "What's happened up to this point is between the time of the last movie and this movie my character has created a serum which basically controls his mutation so his appearance is normal as long as he doesn't get worked up. Any animal instinct or urges, that kind of brings him out.
So yeah, he changes into Beast a few times throughout the story and they've done some great action sequences with him this time, particularly in the mansion flying around on these chandeliers and stuff."

DOCTOR STRANGE---the four candidates to direct the Marvel Studios movie are: Mark Andrews (BRAVE), Jonathan Levine (WARM BODIES), Nikolaj Arcel (A ROYAL AFFAIR) and Dean Israelite (WELCOME TO YESTERDAY). The team of Glenn Berger and Jon Aibel (KUNG FU PANDA) are candidates to write the script.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC---Viggo Mortensen is in talks to star in this movie about a man and his six children who lived in the remote forest of the Pacific Northwest for over a decade and then move back into mainstream society.

BATTLE OF THE SEXES---untitled biomovie underway about tennis star Billie Jean King and her 1973 nationally-televised tennis match with Bobby Riggs dubbed "The Battle of the Sexes". Danny Boyle (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE) is the director.

SEX AND THE CITY 3---producer Michael Patrick King said about another sequel, "I think there’s one chapter left... Sarah Jessica and I both know what that final chapter is. That doesn't mean it will or should be told, but I do think there's one story left. Whether it ever happens is a whole other situation. But there's four girls, and those girls are still in my mind. There are other stories to tell and characters that haven't even been written yet." Cynthia Nixon is the only star who is not interested in a new sequel.

MEAN MOMS---Jennifer Aniston is in talks to star in this movie based on the book QUEEN BEE MOMS AND KING PIN DADS.

ONE BIG HAPPY---NBC sitcom pilot starring Elisha Cuthbert (24) as a lesbian who gets pregnant after artificial insemination with a guy who is her best friend and housemate who then gets married. Another NBC sitcom pilot, MISSION CONTROL, stars Krysten Ritter as a 1962 feminist astronaut who competes with a tough male astronaut to land on the Moon. Will Ferrell is the producer.

THE TALIBAN SHUFFLE---Tina Fey is the star/producer of this movie based on the memoir of a female journalist assigned to Afghanistan and Pakistan after 9/11.

SUFFRAGETTE--movie underway about a suffragette in the early days of the feminist movement who turns to violence to achieve her goals. Carey Mulligan, Meryl Streep, Helena Bonham Carter, Brendan Gleeson and Ben Whishaw star.
SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by SONYESP » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:49 am

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24

GODZILLA---the reboot monster is on the cover of EMPIRE magazine. Premiere is May 16.

FARSCAPE---tv movie sequel underway to the sci fi series. Executive producer Justin Monjo is writing the script, "In the finale, the protagonists, American astronaut John Crichton (Ben Browder) and peacekeeper Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) got married and had a baby.
In the movie, it’s revealed the boy had special powers which made him the target of the villainous aliens so his parents hide him on Earth.
The plot follows the kid at the age of 19 when his whereabouts have been discovered and he rejoins his parents on their spaceship."

Monjo is also developing an HBO series, THE BEASTS OF VALHALLA, based on the private detective novels featuring Dr. Robert Frederickson, "Mongo The Magnificent", with Peter Dinklage possibly starring.

HEROES: REBORN---NBC 13-episode sequel miniseries underway from creator Tim Kring. The miniseries will be a stand-alone but no details were released. NBC entertainment head Jennifer Salke said some of the original cast might return, “Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

HOLLAND, MICHIGAN---dark comedy movie underway starring Naomi Watts and Bryan Cranston in which a woman cheats on her husband after she thinks he's cheating on her only to discover he's really a serial killer.

VERONICA MARS---the movie will have its theatrical and VOD premiere on March 14.

CONSOLE WARS---movie underway based on the book about the early 1990s video game war when Sega took on giant Nintendo. Seth Rogen is co-writer/producer/director.

DOCTOR STRANGE---Mads Mikkelsen (CASINO ROYALE, HANNIBAL) is reported to be a candidate to star in the Marvel Studios movie. Speculation is that Mikkelsen might play villain Baron Mordo. Matthew Modine (FULL METAL JACKET, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES) said he wants to play Doctor Strange.

PIERS MORGAN LIVE---CNN canceled the show due to low ratings.

DANCING WITH THE STARS---Fox sportscaster Erin Andrews will replace co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet who was fired.

CONSTANTINE---Matt Ryan will star in the NBC series based on the DC Comics superhero.

DIPLOMATS---20th Century Fox comedy movie underway based on Dennis Rodman's "basketball diplomacy" visit to North Korea.

SECTION 6---movie underway based on the creation of MI6, England's spy agency, during World War I, and its leader Sir. George Mansfield who was the inspiration for Ian Fleming's M in the James Bond novels. Jack O'Connell (UNBROKEN) stars.

THE WINKLERS---ABC semiautobiographical sitcom based on Henry Winkler and his family.

DOCTOR WHO---Samuel Anderson will have a recurring role as a teacher at the same school where Clara Oswald also teaches.

SONYESP
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sony and Industry Related News