[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Computers On Your Wrist

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Computers On Your Wrist

Sony Computers On Your Wrist

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by NiteHawk » Mon May 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Interesting concept.  Click here for more information.
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Mon May 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Ten years, I want one now. How cool. I really love the time we live in. So many rapid advances in technology.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by mykyll2727 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:25 am

I agree!!! Way too cool!! Sure does beat the hell out of Spock's tri-corder. Back in the '60s when i watched the original Star-Trek I never thought I'd see the day when their gadgets seemed archaic. Just look at what todays cell phones are like compared to Kirk's "flip" communicator. Poor guy, he had to turn a dial to bring in the signal. LOL_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by NiteHawk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:06 am

No doubt "Moore's Law" is still alive and well, as it applies to advancements in computers.  What's interesting this time is the pace with which manufacturing technology is advancing.  It took Intel 11 years to advance from 90nm (Pentium 4) to 35nm (Sandy Bridge) CPU's.  It's projected that by the end of this year their 22nm (Ivy Bridge) chips will be released, to be followed by 14nm the end of 2012.

Now what's really driving Intel is the ARM processors, which is mostly found in smartphones and the new iPad devices.  This is the first real competition Intel has has since the AMD K6.  What'a at stake is the gold mine at the end the smartphone/iPad rainbow.  Intel has their Atom processor but it doesn't have the penetration into various products like ARM does.

I agree with you in terms of loving the current state of affairs and the projection for the future regarding the advancement of computer technology.
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Computers Misc.