[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - HDTV reception

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:38 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - HDTV reception

HDTV reception

This forum addresses questions on any installation problems you might encounter with your Sony television (i.e. How to install, what wires go where, etc.)

Moderator: jttar

by kac01 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 am

I have a Sony KDL46W4100. I can not pick up any digital channels through a antenna. I have tried a flat HDTV RCA antenna and a uhf /vhf roof top antenna. I've placed a different tv with the same antenna next to it and that tv picks up digital channels. Any help will
be appreciated.
kac01
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Mr_Mod » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Assuming that this models tuner is capable of receiving digitaltransmissions, i would guess your problem is the same as many facewhich is that the fuses on the tuner have blown (Common Fault). Have aread at whirlpool forums and the associated youtube video on how a possible fix can be accoplished if your unit is out of warranty.
Also remember manufacturers warranty is different for your statutory warranty rights under law to get it fixed.

Mr_Mod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Badbob001 » Sat May 29, 2010 5:26 pm

You do know that you have to "auto program" before you can receive any signal from an antenna? Auto program seeks out signals in your reception area.

'
Badbob001
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Installation